After the 4th (my birthday), January has truly lived up to its name. Dry.
It’s been a month of grey days counting down to payday for most. Boujie birthday cocktails were quickly followed by getting my head down at work & in prayer and getting in bed before 11pm!
Usually the New Year is kicked off with a banging set of new goals to focus on, such as health, fitness and finance. However, for the first 29 days of the year I’ve found it hard to truly focus on what I want to achieve in 2018.
Sitting down this evening to think about my 2018 goals, I was drawn to a series led by my Pastor last year called Steps to Success. (Crudely, I searched “goals” in my church notes!). The scripture that jumped out to me the most was:
“And the Lord answered me and said, Write the vision and engrave it so plainly upon tablets that everyone who passes may [be able to] read [it easily and quickly] as he hastens by. For the vision is yet for an appointed time and it hastens to the end [fulfillment]; it will not deceive or disappoint. Though it tarry, wait [earnestly] for it, because it will surely come; it will not be behindhand on its appointed day.“
I think starting my goal setting from the Word, is testament to the increase on my personal God setting volume. So here I am on the blog taking some time to set my Foundations for the year and hopefully most, if not all, take Flight!
1. WRITE: Journal the Journey
- Minimum of 2 blog posts a month
- 2 blog posts a quarter – tagged Faith
- 3 video blog posts this year
- Feature 4 friends/family members
Leave a comment on content that I can cover that interests you!
2. SAVE: Boujie on a budget
- Vitamin D decisions: Apparently I’m always on holiday, so this year I’m doing less spontaneous trips and will plan my 2018 holidays by end of Q1!
- Meal Prep: Over my last 5 years in full-time employment I’ve only brought my own lunch into work a handful of times ?
- Half of my house deposit tucked away (with interest IJN)
3. LIFT: Raise the Bar
- More KG > New PB: My nickname is Rocky, but one of my close friend’s calls me Racky ?? and I haven’t yet lived up to that nickname and approached the squat rack at the gym! Drop me a message if you want to join me “shootin in the gym”!
- Be Your Best: Be responsible and recognised for the development of my client areas inside and outside my company
- Full of Faith: Pray for, Look at, Submit to: A Spiritual Mentor
That’s my vision for 2018, plain and simple. I’ll be doing more old school journalling this year with this thing called a pen & paper… but I’ll try and keep you posted at least twice a month!
Have you already set your 2018 goals? Or do you stay away from “New Year, New Me”? In the words of Poet & Vuj, comment below!